Monday 15 August 2011

Welcome! - An Introductory Post

Welcome to Scientia, my scholarly blog! To those whom it concerns, the word "scientia" is Latin, and can be rendered as science or knowledge, and the Latin word "discipulus" - while it can be rendered as disciple - can also be rendered as student, learner or pupil.


The question I am certain that all newcomers will enquire of is, of course, "what is this blog about?"
My blog, Scientia, will be the medium through which I will convey, not only my personal thoughts and philosophies on the schools of thought revolving around biology - especially palaeontology, zoology and ecology - but also interesting and attention-capturing research, articles and studies involving the subjects fore-mentioned. It is my hope that you find the information being discussed captivating, and as thrilling as I found it when researching.


To be specific, however, here are key topics you may find recurring through the subjects and themes to be discussed and researched: 
• Dinosaurs, and other prehistoric fauna
• The Earth and the general terrestrial environment (and there effects thereon)
• The fossil record
• Animals, and other contemporary fauna
• Plants and flora
• Intelligent design (Although the material will be prepared from and presented in a neutral perspective)

This is not to insinuate that the spectrum of discussion and consideration will be limited to the above topics. Other topics, such as astronomy and chemistry, will also be discussed occasionally.


I, personally, hope you enjoy reading this blog, and find it informative and interesting! Also, if you can, please, feel free to contact me should you have any comments, thoughts or topic suggestions!


Friendly regards,
Discipulus

No comments:

Post a Comment